Saturday, July 8 & Sunday, July 9 2017, rain or shine!
The Water Garden Society of Greater Kansas City proudly presents its 24th annual self-directed water garden tour in Kansas City, Missouri and surrounding metropolitan communities, including Lawrence. Saturday, July 8th & Sunday, July 9th. We have 44 ponds on tour; 10 of which have never been on tour before and 7 sites with garden trains. Residential gardens dominate the tour offerings, along with Water Garden Society built educational ponds at schools and non-profit agencies, including The Kansas City Zoo. Enjoy the colorful sights of water lilies, lotus and fish, along with the babbling sounds of moving water in these creatively designed gardens.
Our 2017 public tour theme is the “Tour of Fountains, Fish, Frogs & Flowers”. A water garden can be as simple as a bubbling barrel with a catch basin or as exquisite as a multi-tiered backyard swimming pool/pond and everything in between. They all have three things in common; moving water, plants, and gold fish or koi. A water garden is its own living and breathing ecosystem, combining gardening, fish keeping, bird watching, nature, and habitat restoration. One of the greatest pleasures of being outdoors is embracing the unexpected gifts that these breathtaking ecosystems can provide.
Tickets for the tour are $10 per person 14 years and over, and can be purchased at garden centers throughout the community as well as Hen House and Westlake Hardware in the Kansas City area. Proceeds benefit construction and maintenance of educational and restorative water gardens and other educational programs in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Purchase your tickets early to plan your driving tour. For groups and bus tours visit us at www.kcwatergardens.com
Download tour book PDF here.
You can purchase your tourbook/ticket at all area Hen Houses, Westlake Ace Hardwares, and Grass Pads, as well as the locations listed below:
- Brother’s Fish and Pets, Kansas City, MO
- City Pets & Ponds, Kansas City, MO
- Colonial Nursery, Blue Springs, MO
- Creekside Market, Raymore, MO
- Earl May Garden Center, Shawnee, KS
- Family Tree Nursery, Shawnee, KS
- Family Tree Nursery, Overland Park, KS
- Family Tree Nursery, Liberty, MO
- Full Features Nursery, Smithville, MO
- Heartland Nursery, Kansas City, MO
- Homestead Nursery, Leavenworth, KS
- House of Rocks, Kansas City, KS
- Kansas City Pond & Water Gardening, KCMO
- Planters Seed Co., Kansas City, MO
- Randy’s Lakeview Nursery, Lee’s Summit, MO
- Rosehill Gardens, Martin City, MO
- Soil Service Garden Ctr & Nursery, KCMO
- Suburban Lawn and Garden, Leawood, KS
- Suburban Lawn and Garden, Kansas City, MO
- Suburban Lawn and Garden, Lenexa, KS
- Swan’s Water Gardening, Louisburg, KS
- Van Liew’s, Kansas City, MO
- Waldo Grain Company, Kansas City, MO
- Water’s Edge, Lawrence, KS
- Wild Bird Center, Independence, MO
Bus Tour is Available:
Contact Connie with Sugar Creek Parks & Recreation, 816-252-4400 ext 1137
email@example.com for additional information.
Members, the online tour application is available under the members tab, or click here to go to application.
- April 18: Last day for members to sign up to be on tour.
See this page